The world of Indian bread is wonderful. With some basic ingredients and a tava, you can make amazing variety of rotis and parathas by slightly changing the ingredients or proportions or using the filler. Milk Roti or Dudh ki Roti is one such variant of roti though it is easy to make, its soft texture and the pleasant taste of milk and ghee make it a favorite among young people and the elderly! Serve spicy vegetables and make a warm and special meal.
- Milk – 6 1/2 tbsp
- Whole Wheat Flour- 1 cup
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Salt- to taste
- Put all the ingredients in a deep bowl and kneed into a soft dough with enough water.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal proportions.
- Roll one portion of dough at a time into round roti.
- Cook the roti using generous amount of ghee on a tava till it turns golden.
- Serve hot with pickle, chutney, curd or some curry.