The festival of Karva Chauth, especially for married women is of great importance falling on 17 October this year. Married women keep fast on this day for the happiness, prosperity, and longevity of their husbands. And without drinking water and eating anything throughout the day, the fast is opened by looking at the moon through a sieve. But do you know that there is also another element of Karwa Chauth Fast which is of paramount importance? Yes … Sargi! It is given to daughter-in-law by every mother-in-law on the Kararwa Chauth, and also gives blessings so that her fast can be successful.
What is Sargi
Sargi is a special meal, which is given to the daughter-in-law by her mother-in-law before sunrise on Karva Chauth. Before sunrise, it means that between the hours of 4 am to 5 pm That is, the Sargi should be eaten between 4 and 5 o’clock, before sunrise, and after that, there is fasting throughout the day even without consuming water.
Who can give Sargi?
Usually, the authority of giving Sargi is of mother-in-law only. Mother-in-law only gives this to her daughter-in-law. The Sargi is in a way her blessing. But if you do not have any mother-in-law then an elderly woman in the house who you look up as your mother-in-law can give you Sargi. Besides, if you are away from your mother-in-law for some reason then your mother-in-law can send money to you so that you buy the Sargi stuff on her behalf.
What things are eaten in Sargi?
Sargi contains especially dried fruits like cashew nuts, almonds, raisins, sweet fencing, fruits, desserts, sevai. Also, a glass of milk, mathhi, coconut, and some fruit. These are the things that give you energy, and by consuming them in the morning you do not feel tired on the day of fasting as energy remains within you. Get pure milk exclusively from Milk Bae
How is Sargi eaten?
As you are not going to eat anything throughout the day, you need to eat something healthy to prevent heartburn or constipation. Here are some healthy eating tips:
- First, drink some coconut water.
- Avoid tea, because if you drink tea on an empty stomach, you can increase the acidity. You can drink green tea
- Dodge too many sugary foods, as it will make you starving later. For Shagun, you can take Meethi Sewai, or you have other options like dates, figs, etc.
- Eat some homemade curd or cheese
- Avoid paranthas or poori, eat plain chapatti
- Eat some dried fruits such as almonds, cashews, etc. for energy
- You can eat some fruits too.
Important Tips to Remember
- Add some healthy food to Sargi, as it will make you feel full and energetic throughout the day.
- Avoid using fatty foods for Sargi because it will make you lazy all day. Keep moisture by adding healthy liquids to Sargi, such as juice, buttermilk, coconut milk, green tea, and shakes. Get pure milk in Dehradun from Milk Bae.
- Do not drink tea or coffee in the morning because it will dehydrate the body.
- Invite some friends or family to come to your home on this special occasion because this is the best way to ignore food.
We wish that this KarvaChauth can bring more happiness, harmony, understanding, and love to your married life. Wish you all a blessed and happy Karva Chauth! .Buy Milk Bae’s toned milk and full cream milk poly-packs from the stores near you. For more information, visit their website http://abhinfreshfarms.com/